Hi friends. It’s been a while (like a month). You’re probably wondering if I’m dead (I’m not). I’ve just been getting exponentially busier than I expected to be!
First, a monthly recap :
- Graduation weekend, on the whole, was a blast. The party Friday night was a great time, and aside from having to watch all three graduation ceremonies, Saturday was pretty fun, too. Here’s the obligatory photo:
- Planning for IgniteOKC 2 is barreling forward. We’re now about two weeks away from the event on June 10 (which, incidentally, is the fourth anniversary of my wedding to Tanner Burson). I wrote a blog post earlier this week for IgniteOKC website; check it out to get yourself up-to-date! I should also say that I’m excited to see Mikey’s talk about ridding the world of Comic Sans :)
- We launched a Facebook video contest for Eskimo Joe’s & Eskimo Joe’s Clothes. It’s pretty exciting because the company has never tried anything like this before (in terms of relying on social media) and could be a great testing ground for future social media marketing endeavors. I made a short video of Stan introducing the contest (see below) and Angie, Tanner & I have been monitoring impressions and engagement on Facebook.
- I took back my old job of managing Eskimo Joe’s Road Crew, but it’s only for the summer. I’ve been given a special assignment, which I’ll be happy to tell more about once it’s all resolved.
- I finished three really good books this month: America, 1908 by Jim Rasenberger, Thunderstruck by Eric Larsen, and The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. For the past six months or so I’ve been on a serious historical non-fiction kick, and I hope to share some of what I’ve learned here soon. Check out my Shelfari widget or profile to see what I’ve been reading & what I plan to read next!
So that’s a brief telling of what I’ve been doing for the past month. Here’s what’s coming up:
- Turning in my last two chapters of my thesis sometime next week. Finally.
- Doing a new training video for Joe’s Clothes. Woot!
- Hopefully working some magic with the Road Crew, but we’ll see about that.
- Helping Jack Hodgson with the OSU Alumni Association’s Grandparent University Broadcasting class. Whew!
- IgniteOKC 2 is June 10! I’ll be doing the videos once again.
- As previously mentioned, my story about my key art will be officially published June 10 as well!
- Mr. Burson & I will try to find time to celebrate 4 years of marriage.
- OSU Sports Media Camp starts in the middle of June. I’ll be helping Friday with the sports anchoring exercise. I really enjoy working with the campers.
- I might get brave enough to open my Google Reader for the first time in over a month to catch up on what the rest of the world is doing. Anyone want to start a pool on how many unread items I’ll have?
Truthfully, I doubt I’ll have much time for blogging in the next month, but I’m going to try for updating once a week until things (hopefully) slow down in July.